Saturday 28 July 2012

Magic box!!


Another quick post...
If you remember my previous post Curls kusudama , this is the continuation story of that.
So ..I showed the kusudama to my husband with all excitement.This is what he says 'Are you going to send just this small ball???'
Phewwwww!! But you know what, his comment helped me to try something new for the first time.To add on,that night,I came to know that my colleague's travel got postponed by one more day and leaving on the following day evening.
Yipee.. so I had few more hours to make something more specia.I was happy to make something more because my manager is more than a friend though worked together for a short period.

That night within 4hours, I made this magic box.It is 12cm X 8.5cm size box


Luckily I had one small carton

So I made my first ever exploding box though simple. (Please bear with me as is it a heavy post)
This is the lid. I decorated it with a bunch of quilled roses
There are orange flowers on the outer side of walls.All the quilled flowers including roses were made out of 130gsm paper.I manually cut the paper into 5mm strips and made this.
 Inside,I decorated with the craft punch flowers along with hand written messages.

 In the center of the box,I placed the kusudama on top of a mini 'Happy Birthday' mug.You might not be able to see the mug clearly due to my poor photography skills :(..sorry
I used the same 3 colors of the kusudama to make the box as well.Though very short time, I was very much excited with the outcome.I placed the gift box on the table and slept that night and in the morning, my husband says 'Haaa... this looks better..'..Finally ..huh :)


Hope my manager opens the box without holding the walls ;)


Entering to
snehal's challenge of making any type of box
Itsy Bitsy's craft flowers challenge
TheInspired Challenge #34 for colors
Anything goes with a twist by 'For the Love of Crafting'
'Freinship challenge by 'Hands to Hearts'

8 comments:

  1. I love the recycling! Such a pretty box! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very quick response!!ThankYou so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The punchcraft flowers look cool!
    Thank You for the sweet comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper stuff Sujana! Thanks so much for entering our challenge. All the best!
    ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure your boss/ friend must be happy to rec this.very beautiful box.Thanks for linking it up at my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing altering
    bful box

    thanx for playing along for the love love of crafting challenge
    hugs
    mallika
    mallikakejriwal@gmail.com
    www.missnotsogoodwithwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the altering
    very cute project
    thanx for playing along for the love love of crafting challenge
    hugs
    mallika
    mallikakejriwal@gmail.com
    www.missnotsogoodwithwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ultimate idea... Box is simply superb... y dint u do or give such ideas for me:(:( .Btw how did ur manager feel....??

    ReplyDelete